|Dumb Numbers — Dumb Numbers (2013)|
Dumb Numbers — Dumb Numbers
• In the end, there never really is an end.
• August 6 all-star album features Sebadoh's Lou Barlow, the Melvins' Dale Crover, Dinosaur Jr.'s Murph, and more
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia ~ Los Angeles, CA
Album release: August 6, 2013
Record Label: Joyful Noise Recordings (Catalog #: JNR115)
01 Breaking the Split-Screen Barrier 2:48
02 Last Night I Had A Dream 2:35
03 Strange Beauty 2:57
04 Lost Inside 4:49
05 Redrum 4:31
06 The Broken Promise 2:07
07 Evil Has Grown 6:31
08 Without 8:22
09 Last Night I Fell In Love With The Stars 1:52
• Adam Harding w/
• Lou Barlow (Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr.)
• Dale Crover (Melvins)
• Murph (Dinosaur Jr.)
• Bobb Bruno (Best Coast), & more.
• With photography by David Lynch.
• Dumb Numbers — a new project from Australian songwriter Adam Harding, featuring Lou Barlow (Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr., Folk Implosion), Dale Crover (Melvins), Murph (Dinosaur Jr.), Bobb Bruno (Best Coast), CR Matheny (Emperor X) and others. With photography by David Lynch. Have you ever seen such ridiculous name-droppage?
Joyful Noise has been working with Mr. Harding for over a year to prepare for this release, and the album is internally regarded as among the crowning gems of our catalogue up to this date.
• Dumb Numbers' self-titled debut is currently available for pre-order on Electric Blue Vinyl, Black Viny, and CD.
• A limited edition run of 500 hand-numbered copies were pressed on marbled pink & purple vinyl, and SOLD OUT within a day. One in every 20 copies of the limited edition pressing included a photo print signed by David Lynch. These were prints from David Lynch's original photograph used for the front cover, which are hand-numbered and signed by Lynch himself, and randomly included inside the jacket of the limited edition vinyl.
• Australian songwriter Adam Harding writes songs with the bubblegaze hooks of 4AD dream-pop and the cuddlebug sludge of Bleach-era Nirvana, both on display on his self-titled debut, out August 6 on Joyful Noise. After spending years directing music videos and hanging around L.A., he has a formidable Rolodex of alt-rock heavy-hitters, a few of whom he recruited to help out: Sebadoh founder Lou Barlow, Melvins drummer Dale Crover, Dinosaur Jr. drummer Murph, Best Coast’s Bobb Bruno, and Emperor X’s Chad R. Metheny. This swift nine-song suite mixes their many talents with cheery hooks, spiraling solos, chiming harmonies, and no shortage of Bullhead-era Melvins feedback.
• A project 10-years in the making, Dumb Numbers began through a fluke songwriting request by filmmaker John Waters. Harding collaborated with his long time correspondent Lou Barlow to provide new music for a deleted scene in the directors’ cut of Crybaby. The Barlow/Harding song ended up getting shelved, but in the process of writing and recording the music, Harding became acquainted with a community of formidable LA musicians who would eventually collude to create this debut album.
• The relationship between Harding and his revolving cast of collaborators is an essential component of this new band. “I feel very fortunate to have this circle of friends,” Harding relates. “ ‘Wow this track would be awesome with Dale Crover on drums.’” But unlike most humans in a such a situation, Harding is actually in a position to call Dale Crover and ask him to play on the track. As Harding puts it, “All of my music grows out of [existing] friendships.”
• Though collaborative and whimsical, the debut album from Dumb Numbers is also very personal and auto-biographical. “The album is an audio-document of the past five years of my life. It documents travels & relationships.”
Birth name: Louis Knox Barlow
Born: July 17, 1966, Dayton, Ohio United States
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass, percussion, keyboards
Notable instruments: Fender Telecaster Bass/Rickenbacker 4003
Website DN: http://dumbnumbers.com/
Adam Harding: http://adamharding.com/
|Dumb Numbers — Dumb Numbers (2013)|