|← Lanks — Twentyseven (27th April, 2018) →|
Lanks — Twentyseven (27th April, 2018) • “I always had the age of 27 as a milestone in my mind, because many of my heroes had passed away at that age and already achieved a lasting legacy,” shares LANKS’s Will Cuming. “This album is a message to myself of humility as I confronted that fear of failure (that was excessive and unhealthy), challenged my own idea of success and questioned what sort of person I aspired to be. The most in~focus connection throughout is my romantic relationship, culminating in a final affirmation of my feelings and ultimately leading me to my engagement. I’m a lucky man.”
Location: Melbourne, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
Genre: Electronic, Indie Pop
Album release: 27th April, 2018
Record Label: THAA Records
01. Man 4:17
02. Something in the Water 4:24
03. twentyseven 4:10
04. Comfortable 4:40
05. My Own Mystery (feat. Ngaiire) 3:35
06. Circles 3:38
07. Yours 3:27
08. Phoenix Friends 2:39
09. Bitter Leaf 3:11
10. Horoscopes 3:06
11. Holla 4:18
12. Reticent 4:03
13. My Artistic Idol 2:53
14. Icarus 4:46
• Something In The Water
• My Own Mystery
• Phoenix Friends
• Bitter Leaf
• My Artistic Idol
• Will Cuming — vox/guitar/flute/synth/beats
• LANKS is the moniker of Australian songwriter, producer and multi~instrumentalist Will Cuming.
• Although drawing influences from artists such as MØ, Mura Masa, The xx, Justin Vernon and Radiohead, LANKS doesn’t imitate. His songs are adventurous and exploratory while still earworms — boasting strong hooks, melodies, and danceable beats.
• LANKS’ live show is dynamic. Max Quinn from triple j said, “I was expecting serene prettiness, and I got SUPREME ENERGY.” He plays with a three piece band with live and electronic instrumentation including guitar, synths, piano/keyboard, drums, backing vocals, laptop, and the occasional flute cameo. LANKS has recently supported the likes of Glass Animals, Toro Y Moi, RUFUS and Ry X, and has played at Groovin’ the Moo and The Plot festivals.
• In less than four years, LANKS has released three EPs, Viet Rose (2016), Banquet (2015) and Thousand Piece Puzzle (2014). He is currently finishing his debut album. His work is self~produced, but since Viet Rose, he has worked with Andrei Eremin (Chet Faker, Hiatus Kaiyote, Oscar Key Sung) on additional production.
• When not working on LANKS stuff, LANKS is collaborating with other artists including Just A Gent, Kilter, Ngaiire, Woodes, Motez and Set Mo. Gemma Pike from triple j described him as being a “triple threat” — a topline writer, vocalist, and producer. He is versatile, writing in genres spanning electronic, pop, folk or even instrumental orchestral music.
• LANKS’ recent release, ‘Comfortable’, is the first single off his upcoming LP, which is due for release in 2018.
|Lanks — Twentyseven (27th April, 2018)|