|Lara Fabian — Camouflage (Oct 6, 2017)|
Lara Fabian — Camouflage (Oct 6, 2017)
★ Lara Fabian — CamouflageTour 2018: Prague Congress Centre (Kongresové centrum Praha), 5. května 65, Praha 4 — Nusle, 140 00
★ Camouflage is the thirteenth studio album and Fabian’s fifth English album.
★ The Canadian singer Lara Fabian is working on her new album, called Camouflage. She will also kick off a tour which will bring on stage Lara’s music from this new album. And a good news for her Czech fans is that she will stop in Prague, too.
★ The tour will be based on her English repertoire. It is a kind of follow up to her hit I Will Love Again, which was number one around the world for a long time.
★ While preparing the album, she is cooperating with the musician Moh Denebi and song writer Sharon Vaughn who put stress on modern pop sound. The “Camouflage World Tour” will have a stunning and innovative visual production there will be a dance show too.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Origin: Etterbeek, Belgium
Born: Jan 9, 1970
Album release: Oct 6, 2017
Record Label: 9 Productions/Sony Music, Warner
01 Growing Wings 2:58
02 Chameleon 3:19
03 If I Let You Love Me 3:36
04 Choose What You Love Most (Let It Kill You) 3:53
05 We Are the Flyers 4:05
06 Painting in the Rain 3:28
07 Camouflage 3:12
08 I’m Breakable 2:36
09 Keep the Animals Away 3:32
10 We Are the Storm 3:40
11 Perfect 3:01
12 Communify 3:16
℗ 2017 9 Productions
Chart (2017) Peak position:
• Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders) #57
• Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) #4
• French Albums (SNEP) #17
• Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) #27
★ Fourmanufacturing.com: Manufactured
★ Sony DADC: Pressed
★ 360 Mastering: Mastered
★ Iris Rombouts: Artwork
★ Matt M. Ersin: Executive Producer
★ Filip Van Roe: Photography
★ Moh Denebi: Producer [Music Producer]
★ Lara Fabian, Moh Denebi, Sharon Vaughn: Written
• Après plus de 20 millions d’albums vendus dans le monde et un dernier album certifié platine en France («Ma vie dans la tienne») sorti fin 2015, Lara Fabian retourne sur la scène internationale avec un 13ème album studio, «Camouflage», écrit et composé par Lara, Moh Denebi (Suède) et Sharon Vaughn (USA). Ce nouvel album de 12 chansons, toutes en anglais, écrit et enregistré entre Stockholm, Los Angeles et Bruxelles, a été produit par Moh Denebi, l’un des producteurs de musique les plus talentueux du nouveau son pop suédois. «Camouflage» fait référence à un titre éponyme de l’album. On y retrouve la signature vocale de Lara Fabian accompagnée d’une production électro~pop combinée à une orchestration classique, créant ainsi un son à la fois moderne et intemporel. Le premier single intitulé «Growing Wings» est sorti le 4 août, 3 autres singles suivront.
★ Fabian has long been one of the world’s most outspoken musicians on the subject of marriage equality and 2012 saw her participate in a project by the French artist and activist Olivier Ciappa entitled ‘Imaginary Couples’, which was an exhibition of photographs featuring straight people posing as same sex couples and included leading film stars, athletes and political figures. She was photographed with Eva Longoria.
• Belgian~born pop singer/songwriter Lara Fabian began singing, dancing, and taking piano lessons at a very young age and formal music lessons at the Royal Conservatory of Brussels at age eight. During her ten years of study there, Fabian started writing and performing her own songs, which were inspired as much by her classical vocal and music theory training as they were by Barbra Streisand and Queen. After finishing her studies, Fabian moved to Montreal and began her own label and publishing company, Productions Clandestines. Collaborator/producer Rick Allison, an old friend from Brussels, joined her in Montreal and the pair worked steadily on writing and recording songs. In 1991, Fabian’s French~language debut, Lara Fabian, was released in Canada and sold over 100,000 copies in three years.
• Her consistent touring in Quebec helped bolster her 1994 album Carpe Diem to similar success, paving the way for 1997’s Pure, which sold over two million copies in France and featured the anti~homophobia anthem “La Difference.” The live album Fabian released a year later solidified the international buzz around her and she was signed by Sony Music, which released her self~titled English~language album in 2000. It was a huge success across the globe, reaching number one in the U.S. Heatseekers chart and it rocketed to the top of the French charts.
• A year later she returned to the French language for her fifth album, Nue, which documented her tumultuous time during the overwhelming success of her previous album. In 2004, Fabian released her second English record, A Wonderful Life. The album featured a collection of acoustic pop songs and included “Review My Kisses” — a track Fabian originally turned down for the album. However, after being impressed by LeAnn Rimes’ version, she recorded the song herself.
• Just a year later, Fabian released 9, her fifth French studio album, which for the first time was not produced by longterm collaborator Rick Allison. Instead, Jean~Félix Lalanne took the helm and brought about a distinct change in Fabian’s pop sound. The highly anticipated collaboration with pianist Matt Herskowitz, Toutes Les Femmes en Moi, arrived in 2009 and collected songs from an array of artists such as Celine Dion and Edith Piaf. 2010 saw the release of the compilation Best of Laura Fabian, which included the hit single “I Will Love Again” and her duet with Johnny Hallyday “Requiem Pour un Fou.”
• Three years later, Fabian returned with her 11th studio album, Le Secret, featuring the marriage equality anthem “Deux Ils, Deux Elles.” It debuted at number one on the French charts. She then worked with producer/songwriters David Gategno and Elodie Hesme on 2015’s Ma Vie Dans la Tienne. In 2017, Fabian delivered her 13th studio album and fifth English~language release, Camouflage. Featured on the album were collaborations with veteran songwriter Sharon Vaughn and producer~songwriter Moh Denebi, including the lead single “Growing Wings.” ~ Heather Phares & Scott Kerr
|Lara Fabian — Camouflage (Oct 6, 2017)|