|OTEME — L’Agguato, L’Abbandono, Il Mutamento (November 2015)|
OTEME — L’Agguato, L’Abbandono, Il Mutamento (November 2015)
•♦• Jeden z mnoha projektů Stefana Giannottiho (Nichelodeon, Vaga Orchestra, Ensemble Il Teatro Del Faro). OTEME v rozhláskování znamená Osservatorio delle Terre EMErse (Emerged Lands Observatory). Kapela vznikla v roce 2010, kdy se představila prvním albem a v současné době vydává druhé. Vlivy hledejme v tvorbě: Art Zoyd, King Crimson, Igor Stravinskij a David Sylvian, pochopitelně k výrazu přispívá také něco z domácí scény: třeba mě napadá dvojice italských zpěváků a skladatelů Lucio Battisti a Fabrizio De Andre. Kapela definuje sebe sama jako Chamber Rock/Progressive Rock/RIO (Rock In Opposition)/Canterbury. Giannotti je autorem všech skladeb. One of the many projects of Stefano Giannotti (Nichelodeon, Vaga Orchestra, Ensemble Il Teatro Del Faro), it means Osservatorio delle TErre EMErse(Emerged Lands Observatory). The band is formed in 2010 when the first and currently only album is released. The band mentions Art Zoyd, King Crimson, Igor Stravinskij and David Sylvian as well as some Italian singer songwriters like Lucio Battisti and Fabrizio De Andre' as influencers. The band defines itself as a chamber rock/RIO ensemble. Giannotti is the author of all the tracks. © Photo by Mariola Krajczewska 2003, sgcollagechitarre
Location: Lucca, Italy
Genre: Progressive Rock, Canterbury
Album release: November 2015
Record Label: Ma.Ra.Cash Records
01. La Grande Volta (The Grat Vault) 2:24
02. Sarà il Temporale (It Will Be the Storm) 3:39
03. Bianco Richiamo (White Recall) 3:24
04. Camminavo (I Walked) 6:38
05. L’Agguato (The Ambush) 2:27
06. L’Abbandono (The Abandonment) 3:49
07. Il Mutamento (The Change — Second Bolero) 1:59
08. Dopo la Pioggia (After the Rain) 5:02
09. Tracce nel Nulla (I–VII) (Traces in Thin Air) 25:51
10. Un’Altra Volta (Another Time) 1:53
•♦• Stefano Giannotti — voice, piano, classic & electric guitars, banjo, Indian organ, Jew’s harp, percussion
•♦• Pierluigi Papeschi — guitar
•♦• Milko Ambrogini — bass
•♦• Emanuela Lari — voice, keyboards
•♦• Valeria Marzocchi — flute, piccolo
•♦• Linda Matteucci — flute
•♦• Giorgio Berrugi — clarinet
•♦• Lorenzo Del Pecchia — bass clarinet
•♦• Nicola Bimbi — oboe, English horn
•♦• Marco Donatelli — bassoon
•♦• Maicol Pucci — trumpet, flugelhorn
•♦• Marco Fagioli — bass tuba
•♦• Riccardo Ienna — drums, percussion
•♦• Second chapter of OTEME’s discographic saga, the new CD L’Agguato, L’Abbandono, Il Mutamento moves oblique on the edge between contemporary music and song–writing, art–rock and sound–art, scores written rigorously and free improvising.
•♦• The work, deeply contaminated by different cultural disciplines and experiences contains a history of nearly 25 years. This is certainly the time spent writing lyrics, composing the music, arranging and recording the pieces.
•♦• OTEME — Osservatorio delle Terre Emerse (The Observatory of Dry Lands) is a musical project / chamber ensemble whose size and composition change according to the music being executed and the language chosen. It was born in 2010 after some years of didactical experiments in the fields of song–writing, art–rock and contemporary music; since then, the stable core of the ensemble is joined by musicians from different areas, depending on the repertoire.
•♦• The group performs works written by the Italian composer, performer and videomaker Stefano Giannotti, also member of the band.
•♦• In parallel, Stefano Giannotti leads a real laboratory of ensemble music dedicated especially to kids and young people, entitled OTEME Laboratory, at the Scuola di Musica Sinfonia, in Lucca.
•♦• Written, composed and arranged by Stefano Giannotti between 1992 and 2015
•♦• Executive producers: Stefano Giannotti and Pierluigi Papeschi (2, 4, 8, 9)
•♦• Stefano Giannotti (1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10)
•♦• Art work by Tommaso Tregnaghi and Stefano Giannotti
•♦• Photographs by Lucio Ghilardi
•♦• Translations by Bonnie Eldred
•♦• Licensed for Ma.Ra.Cash Records, executive producer: Massimo Orlandini
•♦• World distribution: Ma.Ra.Cash Records, via Duse n.6, 27029 Vigevano
•♦• Label: http://www.maracash.com
•♦• Website: http://oteme.com/en/
•♦• Stefano: http://stefanogiannotti.com/en/Discography:
• IL GIARDINO DISINCANTATO (2013)
• L’AGGUATO, L’ABBANDONO, IL MUTAMENTO (2015)
STEFANO GIANNOTTI (1963)
♦ Composer, author, director, guitarist and performer. He studied composition with Pietro Rigacci and he was the assistant of Alvin Curran in “Crystal Psalms” and “Tufo Muto”. Between 1983 and 1990 he performed in several European countries with the chamber music group “Trio Chitarristico Lucchese”. In 1997 he started a collaboration with the Italian coreographer Roberto Castello. Between 1998 and 1999, he lived in Berlin as guest of DAAD (German Academic Exchange Program). In the year 2000 he has been guest of the Künstlerhaus Schloss Wiepersdorf with a Stipend of the Ministerium of Brandeburg. In the year 2002 he has been invited in Worpswede with a stipend of the Ministerium of the Niedersachsen and he has won the Karl–Sczuka–Preis (SWR, Baden–Baden) with his work IL TEMPO CAMBIA. In the year 2007 he has got for the second time the Karl–Sczuka–Preis for his radio–piece GEOLOGICA
♦ His repertoire ranges from performance, radio–art, dance theatre to chamber music, orchestral scores and songs.
♦ Landscape, memory, life cycles, voices of people, languages; these are some of the main themes developed in Giannotti’s work.
♦ His compositions have been performed in: Festival Internazionale Teatro d’Arte (Narni 1989), G.A.M.O. (Florence 1989), Stichting Logos (Gent 1991 and 1999),”Macrophon ’91 and ’94″ (Wroclaw), “Wings of Sound” (Helsinki 1993), “Sounding Islands” (Faroer Islands 1995), “Musica per le Stelle” (Costa degli Etruschi 1996, 1997, 1999 and 2000), “Strade Contemporanee” (Lucca 1997), “Neue Italienische Musikszene” (Berlin 1998), Ballhaus Naunynstrasse (Berlin 1999), Kuenstlerhaus Schloss Wiepersdorf (Wiepersdorf 2000), Museum of Fine Arts (Philadelphia, 2000), Children’s Future (Yokohama, 2001), ISCM World Music Days (Hong Kong 2002), Donaueschinger Musiktage (2002), Maerz Musik Festival (2003), Voix Nouvelles (2003), Teatro dell’Orologio (Roma 2004), Videominuto 2004 e 2006 (Prato), New York Film And Video Festival 2005, ISCM Festival (Stuttgart, 2006), Festival Archipel (Geneve 2007), Urban Nomads (Taipei 2007–2008–2009–2010), Donaueschinger Musiktage (2007), Cucalorus Film Festival 2007, 2008 and 2010 (Willmington — NC) Zero Film Festival (Los Angeles 2008), Art’s Birthsday 2009 (Karlsruhe), Cineavvennire Video Festival (Roma 2010), Milano 5 Giornate per la Nuova Musica (2010), Futura Festival (Crest — Fr., 2010), etc.
♦ Since 2001 he has held training courses on the history of experimental music in our century with a particular attention to the new languages of contamination between music, radio, theatre.
♦ Recently he has started developing video–projects (video–art, short movies).
♦ In 2010 he has formed the band OTEME — Osservatorio delle Terre Emerse, a mixed ensemble who performs his songs and chamber music.
♦ Productions and collaborations with: RAI Radio 1, RAI Radio 3, Polskie Radio, Magyar Radio, O.R.F., Radio France Culture, Danish Radio, WDR Koeln, SFB, Deutschland–Radio Berlin, Saarlaendicher Rundfunk, Suedwestdeutsch Rundfunk, Australian Broadcasting Company.
♦ Other collaborations with: Peter Ablinger (D), Guido Arbonelli (I), Michael Augustin (D), Thomas Bloch (F), Roberto Castello (I), Enzo Fabiani String Quartet (SLO), Hugo Hamilton (IRL), Peter Machajdìk (SK), Andreas F. Mueller (D), Harmonia Ensemble (I), Alan Tschertschessow (RUS), Yuan Shun (China), Birgit Ramsauer, Wieslaw Saniewski, Fabrizio Desideri, Agata Zubel, etc.
International Prizes and Grants:
• 2014 — Third Prize at thel Grand Prix Nova (Bucarest) for the radio piece AMORE MIO — Love Songs und anderer Kram (SWR, 2012)
• 2013 — Nomination at the Prix Phonurgia Nova (Parigi) for the radio piece AMORE MIO — Love Songs und anderer Kram (SWR, 2012)
• 2013 — Nomination and shortlist at the Prix Italia 2013 for the radio piece AMORE MIO — Love Songs und anderer Kram (SWR, 2012)
• 2009 — Nomination of the Prix Italia 2009 for the radio piece DIALOGHI (SWR 2008)
• 2008 — Katherine Knight Award at the Earth Vision International Environmental Film Festival (Santa Cruz, California) for his film CHIAYI SYMPHONY
• 2007 — Karl–Sczuka–Preis for his composition GEOLOGICA
• 2006 — “Artist–In–Residence” in the Chiayi County (Taiwan) for the Tropic Of Cancer 2006, Environmental Art Project
• 2004 — Special mention of the jury in the Prix Italia 2004 for IL TEMPO CAMBIA (Part II).
• 2002 — Karl–Sczuka–Preis (SWR, Baden–Baden) for his composition IL TEMPO CAMBIA (Part I).
• 2002 — Artist–In–Residence in Worpswede (Deutschland)
• 2000 — 1st Prize in the International Glassharmonica Music Festival, and “Prix spécial de l’humor”, Philadelphia (U.S.A.) won for the composition D.O.C. (1999), for glassharmonica and tape.
• 2000 — Artist–In–Residence at Künstlerhaus Schloss Wiepersdorf (Ministerium fuer Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kultur, Land Brandenburg)
• 1998/99 – Artist–In–Residence in Berlin (DAAD Berliner Künstlerprogramm)
• 1997 — 3rd Prize in the International Competition “Music and Play” — Robert Murray Shafer, Poznañ, won for L’ISOLA CHE C’ERA (1996) for children’s voices, bass tuba and live–electronics.
• 1994/95 — Prix Ars Acustica International, WDR Köln, won for VARIAZIONI SU VOLVER (1989/94), a soundscape on the voice of Carlos Gardel
• 1991 — International Prize of Radio Art Macrophon’91, Polskie Radio, won for RITRATTO DI PAESE (1989/90), a sound documentary on the elders of a little Italian country village. © Photo by Claudio Bianchi, Marta Paganucci 2014
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
|OTEME — L’Agguato, L’Abbandono, Il Mutamento (November 2015)|